We value your role in working to help your child achieve high academic standards. The purpose of the school-parent compact is to communicate a common understanding of home and school responsibilities to assure that every student attains high academic standards leading to a quality education. The following information will serve as an outline of various ways you and the school staff can build and maintain a partnership of shared responsibility for your child's learning.
- Provide high quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables the children to meet Local, State, and National student academic standards (Assist all students in meeting the PASS Standards and Objectives as well as making Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP).
- Provide you with assistance in understanding academic achievement standards and assessments and how to monitor your child's progress.
- Provide opportunities for ongoing communication between you and teachers through:
- Semi-annual parent/teacher conferences
- Frequent reports regarding your child's progress, and
- Opportunities to talk with members of the staff, volunteer in class, and observe classroom activities.
- Provide the staff with appropriate professional development activities.
- Maintain highly qualified teachers.
- Provide a safe and secure learning environment.
- Ensure that my child attends school daily and arrives to school on time.
- Encourage my child to follow the rules and regulations of the school.
- Monitor my child's homework.
- Attend parent/teacher conferences and participate, when appropriate, in discussions relating to the education of my child.
- Volunteer in my child's school and classroom if time or schedule permits.
- Communicate positive information regarding teachers, principals, coaches, and other campus personnel when discussing school with my child.
- Seek information regarding my child's progress by conferencing with teachers, principals, and other district personnel.
School, Parents, and Student Responsibilities:
- Attend school regularly.
- Complete and turn in all classroom and homework assignments on time.
- Accept responsibility for my own actions.
- Show respect for myself, other people, and property.
- Make the effort to do my best to learn.
- Resolve conflicts peacefully.
Please review this compact with your child. The contents of the compact may be discussed with you during a parent/teacher conference as it relates to your child's school progress.
- High student expectation.
- Improve student academic achievement.
- Build and develop a partnership to assist the children of the community achieve high academic standards.
Thank you for your support and involvement in your child's education. For more information please contact the person below.
Scott Parks High School Principal 918-658-3368 firstname.lastname@example.org
I have read and discussed the contents of the document with my child as it relates to his/her education in the Howe Public School system.