HOWE PUBLIC SCHOOLS I-067
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
HOWE ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
CORNER OF PLUM & RAILROAD ST.
July 20, 2009 - 7:00 p.m.
NOTE: (THE BOARD MAY DISCUSS, VOTE TO APPROVE, VOTE TO DISAPPROVE, VOTE TO TABLE, OR DECIDE NOT TO DISCUSS ANY ITEM ON THE AGENDA.)
1. Opening Flag Salute
3. Call meeting to order and record members present.
4. Approve or disapprove agenda items for the Regular Board Meeting July 20, 2009.
5. Approve or disapprove minutes for the Regular Board Meeting June 29, 2009.
6. Approve or disapprove the following encumbrances:
General Fund P.O.#Õs 1-85; Payroll #Õs 70001-70019; Building Fund # 1; Coop Fund # 1; Bond #2 Fund #Õs 1-3; Bond #2 Fund Payroll # 70001.
7. Approve or disapprove SuperintendentÕs Financial Report:
a) General Fund b) Building Fund c) Building Bond Funds d) Scholarship Fund e) Activity Fund
8. SuperintendentÕs Report:
a) Facilities Update b) Grants c) Conferences d) Summer Activities
9. Board to consider and take action on a motion approving the renewal of lease purchase agreements as presented by the Superintendent.
10. Approve or disapprove final financial statement for school year ending June 30, 2009.
11. Approve or disapprove School activity Sub-accounts for the 2009-2010 school year.
12. Approve or disapprove resignations as presented by the Superintendent.
13. Approve or disapprove 2009-2010 salary and extra-duty schedules.
14. Approve or disapprove Spanish Cooperative Agreements for the 2009-2010 school year.
15. Approve or disapprove a Transportation Contract with KTC for the 2009-2010 school year.
16. Proposed executive session to discuss staff needs for the 2009-2010 school year. 25 Oklahoma Statute Section 307 (B)(1).
17. Vote to convene in executive session
18. Vote to acknowledge the BoardÕs return to open session.
19. Executive session minutes compliance announcement.
20. Discussion/action on staff needs for the 2009-2010 school year.
Page 2 Regular Board Meeting July 20, 2009 at 7:00 p.m.
21. Approve or disapprove the appointment of the following school district positions for the 2009-2010 school year:
Treasurer – Mrs. Peggy Wright
Encumbrance Clerk - Mrs. Rachel Krebbs
Minutes Clerk - Mrs. Rachel Krebbs
Activity Fund Custodian – Mrs. Rachel Krebbs
Child Nutrition Fund Custodian - Mrs. Kay Wolf
Purchasing Agent - Mr. Scott Parks
Receiving Agent - Mrs. Rachel Krebbs
Agent to Receive Food Commodities - Mrs. Paulette Kersh
Agent for School Lunch Programs - Mrs. Paulette Kersh
Risk Manager for O.S.H.A. Programs – Mr. Brooks Cawhorn
Agent for All Federal Programs/Funds to include E-Rate Services - Mr. Scott Parks
Hearing Officer for Vocational Program Complaints - Mr. Scott Parks
Hearing Officer for Federal Programs, Title IX, and Civil Rights Complaints - Mr. Scott Parks
Approval Officer for Free and Reduced Lunch Applications - Mrs. Kay Wolf
Agent to assure Compliance of AHERA Program (Asbestos Compliance) - Mrs. Sandee Cross
504/ADA Compliance Officer - Mr. Scott Parks
Authorized Representative to submit the Public Law 874 application - Mr. Scott Parks
Special Education Administrative Representative - Mr. Scott Parks
22. Approve or disapprove OSSBA policy updates for the 2009-2010 school year.
23. New Business.
24. Board Member Comments.
25. Vote to Adjourn.
The name of person posting this Notice: Scott L. Parks, Superintendentclass=Section2>
Scott L. Parks, ________________________, Superintendent of Howe Public Schools
posted this agenda the 17th day of July 2009 by 7:00 p.m. at the West entrance of the Administration Building.